Finally! My favorite ICS launcher replacement has graduated from 15 different beta versions and is now available to everyone in the Android Market. My main reason for loving Nova so much is it’s plethora of customization options. In case you didn’t know already, I love to customize!! From removing the dock divider to different homescreen transition effects, Nova has it all.
This launcher replacement has everything you ever wanted in a launcher and some items you didn’t even know were possible. Unlike the beta version, Nova 1.0 comes in two different flavors. There is a free version that similarly resembles the beta builds, and a $4 paid Prime version that comes with a bunch of additional new features. For those who are unfamiliar with Nova I recommend starting with the free app because it will take you a little while just to get used to all of its possibilities. For you veterans like myself, you might as well jump head first and grab the paid version. Besides getting all of the promising new features, if you’ve been using the beta then you know how much time and effort the devs have put in to this project. The $4 is well deserved. Jump past the break for download links and a breakdown of differences between the two apps.
- Custom Grid - Configure the rows and columns to fit all your app and widget needs.
- Scrollable Dock - Keep all your favorite apps on the dock, with up to 7 icons per page and up to 3 pages.
- Scroll Effects - Enjoy eye candy when scrolling your desktop and drawer. Effects include Cube and Cardstack and more for Prime users.
- Infinite Scroll - Never be far from your favorite page, loop through your desktop continuously.
- Folder Icons - You can chose a background, preview style or even replace the whole icon.
- Backup/Restore - Export your settings and layout before a wipe to quickly get back up and running.